How to fight a respiratory infection?
Assisting your Body to fight Infection.
As soon as you feel an infection start, support your immune system by:
1. Start taking your Respiratory Infection Herb Mix (available online from www. lindabatesherbalmedicine.com ) every hour, instructions are on the mix.
2. Mix equal amounts of Essential Oils of Eucalyptus, Lavender, Rosemary and Peppermint (or just Eucalyptus) in equal amounts, then double your quantity by adding sweet almond oil (this slows the evaporation of the volatile oils in the steam). Add 1-2 capfuls to a bowl of steaming water, hang your head over the bowl with a towel over your head and the bowl – breathe in the medicated steam deep into your lungs. Make sure the steam doesn’t burn your skin – if it is too hot for your face it’s too hot for your lungs.
Use this oil to rub all over your head, neck and chest – carefully avoid your eyes.
Use this same oil in a foot bath and add the juice of squeezed garlic to the footbath.
At bedtime cover the soles of your feet in this oil mix with crushed garlic added – to make a paste – wrap cotton around your feet and put a pair of old socks on top.
3. Vitamin C – Make sure the product you buy has bioflavonoids and zinc in.
Calculate the therapeutic dose you need by multiplying your body weight in stones X 1000mg, e.g. I weigh 8 stone so my daily dose needed to fight infection is 8000mg. Take that at approx. 1000mg every 3 hours, or 1 level teaspoon every 3 hours. And eat lots of red, orange and purple fruit. STOP eating cows milk and wheat while you are fighting the infection.
If you get diarrhoea you have had enough Vit C – stop taking a day then resume doses at 2 x day after eating. The diarrhoea will give you a good flush out – drink plenty of good water to rehydrate your body, especially if you are sweating out a fever.
4. Cod Liver oil or Salmon oil capsules – 1 cap 3 x day with meals till better, then 1 x d
Buy a Zinc combination tablet – Blackmores A C E & Zinc is good. Take 1 tab 2 x daily.
Get Echinacea or Echinacea and Garlic tabs from your Health Shop and take 1 every hour.
5. Get the teapot out. Make up 50gm mix of chopped rosemary leaves, chopped basil or oregano, and 3 chamomile tea bags and 3 peppermint tea bags. Add all this to 1 litre water in a saucepan and simmer on the heat for 1 hour. Sieve all the plant matter out and add a large amount of grated ginger, juice of 3 lemons and lots of honey. Drink 100mls of this every 2 hours and rest.
High temperatures can become dangerous in children under 4 years of age. If your infection is accompanied by a high temperature seek help from your Doctor who may prescribe antibiotics which are anti-bacterial in their action but NOT anti-viral.
There are herbal medicines that are anti-bacterial AND anti-viral.
Remember- if your infection is viral you begin to recover when the cells have died off and the virus is between the cells. This can lead you to think you have beaten it. The virus then tries to get inside the next lot of cells and when it succeeds you will go downhill again. Keep up your fight and your resting time because the virus is easiest to kill when it is between the cells. If it is a bacterial infection it will be accompanied by high temperatures. These high temperatures are created by your body because heat kills bacteria.